Thank you for attending the AVCJ Australia & New Zealand Forum 2016
The 13th Annual AVCJ Australia and New Zealand Private Equity & Venture Forum gathered 230 of the industry's leading figures in Sydney, including over 90 LPs, for two days of thought-provoking discussions, presentations and networking.
Attendees came from 11 different countries around the world and heard from 50 of the most experienced and successful private market investors from and across the globe, as well as the leading Super Funds, international fund of funds and domestic and foreign institutional investors.
The Forum featured expert analysis and market predictions with sessions covering topics including how you ensure your team has a diverse set of expertise for driving operational value, the sectors GPs are betting on to deliver growth in the medium term, private debt opportunities in Australia and beyond, whether succession planning is being addressed correctly and how much of a concern is this to the industry, where the likely exit options will be found in the next 12 to 18 months, how you identify, approach and build relationships with family offices and the roadmap for the Australian venture capital industry.
Highlights of the AVCJ Australia & New Zealand Forum included:
- A headline panel of global leaders sharing their predictions for the future of the asset class featuring Oaktree Capital, TPG Capital, The Carlyle Group, Blackstone and Akina
- More than 145 leading companies in attendance, including institutional investors from the USA, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, China, Singapore and UK
- A 90 minute LP-only session to kick-off the forum featuring an interactive discussion with QIC, Sunsuper and MLC
- In-depth debates around how to remain successful when investing in Australia in the current climate with Archer Capital, Anacacia Capital and Quadrant Private Equity
- A panel of Family Offices sharing the type of investments and funds they wish to commit to featuring Myer Family Company, HQ Capital and Mueller Asia
- A gala dinner at the Museum of Contemporary Art featuring an entertaining ‘hard questions' session with two former rugby world cup winning captains and Tim Sims of Pacific Equity Partners
Video: Event highlights from 2015
A snapshot of LPs who attended the event:
Abu Dhabi Investment Authority • AlpInvest Partners • Altius Associates • AMP Capital •ARDIAN •ATP PEP • Axiom Asia Private Capital • BlackRock Private Equity Partners • Capital Dynamics • Coller Capital • CPP Investment Board • DBJ Asset Management • DMK Foundation • DuPont Capital Management • First State Super • Funds SA • Future Fund • HarbourVest Partners • Hermes • GPE • HESTA • Lexington Partners •Leyland Private Asset Management • MassMutual Life Insurance Company • Media Super • MetLife • MFCo • MLC Investment Management • Munich Private Equity Partners • Nomura Private Equity Capital • Northgate Capital • Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan • OPTrust Private Markets Group • Pantheon • QIC • StepStone • Sumitomo Mitsui Trust • Sunsuper • Top Tier Capital • UOB Asia Investment Partners • Vantage Asset Management • Wilshire Private Markets